Friday, March 10, 2006

Stalling means all go

Well I wired the switch, warmed up the engine and then took it out for a spin. I wasn't sure if I was on vegetable oil, but then the spedometer dropped quickly (air in the vegetable oil line. Thumbsdown. It stalled. But thumbsup that we're on vegetable oil... and air.

I pulled over to the side and tried to start it. Nothing. No turning over, no nothing. Took out the key, repeated, nothing. Realized it was in gear (stupid, stupid paul). Took a couple tries to start (oil wasn't warm enough and I'm sure we had air in the lines) but then pulled away and ran it at high speeds to make sure the oil flowed through. Kind of anti-climactic, but here's to canola!

I'll re trace the steps as I go, but I don't want to spoil you all by saying everything at once. It's enough to say that we can run vegetable oil in our car (even If I'm paying for the vegetable oil right now).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home