Monday, March 13, 2006

Air in the fuel lines

well it looks like I have air in the fuel lines, which means I have air leaks (this isn't directly vegoil related, just plumbing related. Ah well I'll figure it out.

So just a FYI on some more Vegetable oil details.

The goal is to heat the oil to about 180 degrees F (82 degrees C) so it's liquid enough to spray out of the fuel injectors and therefore get a proper burn in the engine. One of the best methods for getting the oil warm is using the coolant lines (which run at about 180 degrees F) and routing them through a spare tank. I'll post pictures at some point.

As far as your vegetable oil, you just need to install a standard fuel switch like those used in 2 tank pickups and then re-plumb your existing fuel lines. Make sure you get the right size Fuel hoses. I ended up getting 3/8" and mercedes uses closer to 5/16 or whatever the metric equivalent is. So now I have to resolve.

Anyway I'll have to post pictures when I get my car running more smoothly.

Another update I dropped off 2 20l Jerry cans at the restaurant and hope to get the oil from them this afternoon. I'll pick up the containers and drop the oil in my cubees (or take them home and bring them back the next day). At least I'll be able to start the whole filtration process soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home