Thursday, March 16, 2006

Faulty Pollak

So This morning (seems the best time for me to do work on my car) I bypassed the diesel send side of the fuel selector valve (see previous posts). I took it right to the IP from the diesel send line from the tank. Doing this required me to undo the send line going into the fuel selector switch. So when I went to prime the fuel (using the built in hand pump) I was totally suprised to see fuel spitting out of the plug I had just disconnected! What's the deal! It looks like it's a faulty pollak. Probably because it say for a long time in a box drying out the seals it failed on me and began sucking fuel through the other channel. So I've found one on eBay that closes today! Hurrah! It'll be costly, but cheaper than other options and should solve everything...well most things!

Now I just have to figure out what's happening with my VO source.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home