Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tanks a lot


copper_exchange
Originally uploaded by orthotomeo.
While I'm waiting for my fuel selector valve to be delivered I thought I'd go back and add some pictures.

The tank I'm using is a standard Marine fuel tank. $30 at Canadian Tire. I cut a hole in the back corner (as can be seen in the bottom left)to insert the heat exchanger.

Inserting the Exchanger
Originally uploaded by orthotomeo.



The Heat exchanger was made with soft copper with hard copper 90 degree turns. I got quite familiar with pipe soldering as a result of the experience. In the future I'd probably just use hard copper for price and ease.



Anyway, the design I chose was to allow it to be inserted into the tank while allowing the smallest hole and the biggest coverage of heating.

Done
Originally uploaded by orthotomeo.
This copper pipe carries coolant through the tank which radiates heat and warms up the tank, making the oil thinner.



P.S. I removed the fuse to my climate control blower motor and that seems to have solved my dead battery. Not a fix, but a temporary solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home