Thursday, March 30, 2006

Eww, gross!


One of these things...
Originally uploaded by orthotomeo.
Well I figured I'd update the results. On Tuesday I took the filtered oil and repeated the process with a jar and water. I wanted to see how much filtering improved the speed of water washing.

There we have it. After only half the time, the rightmost jar (filtered first) separated water the fastest. The bottom layer is water on the right and it only has a small amount of garbage in it. The middle jar on the otherhand is still a whitish emulsion and has a good amount of floating garbage.

The filtering is definitely working, almost to the point where I question if I should even water wash! My next step will be warming the jars up and letting them settle hot to see how that effects them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home