Friday, March 24, 2006

The Wanderer


80_300D
Originally uploaded by orthotomeo.
Well Here she is... or is that a he? You see most people say cars should be ladies, but it's German. Why does that matter? Well Countries are also meant to be ladies, but Germany is called the Fatherland. Anyway...

There's Vegetapaul (for lack of a better name). I've hidden the rusty-er fender from the camera.

Found some shifting issues I'm still ironing out. We'll have to see what we can do!

I setup my filtration system. I start with a 45 gallon plastic barrel (don't worry it's fine to heat). I take my filters (a sewed up old leg from a pair of jeans) and then insert a circle in the top so it keeps its form. This then goes in one of the hoels in the barrel. Following that I take my 20 liter jerry can with the bendable nozzle and dump it in the filter. Because I keep the hair valve shut on the jerry can it acts like a gerbil waterer. You know, those things where the water only flows out of the bottle when the level gets below the nozzle?

Anyway, the garage is open to the outside and so its flowing very slowly! It's taking its time, but I started it a day or two ago and we're almost through 20 liters. I think that as the weather gets warmer it'll get easier.

At the bottom of the barrel I have a heating element in a ceramic container. It was originally an electric bbq I picked up for 50 cents at a garage sale and it turns out it'll work for what I want! When I have enough oil I heat it up till it's warm and then let it sit. It'll allow the water and debris to settle better so it doesn't get in my engine (water in the engine is bad!). So there we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home