Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Puttering along


Heat_exchange
Originally uploaded by orthotomeo.
Well I'm still waiting for my 2 ebay purchases to arrive so I thoguht I'd update on my under the hood wvo warmer.

I took 3 feet of 1/2" copper pipe and stuck it inside 2 feet of 1" copper pipe. At the ends of the 1" pipe I put Tees and the a reducer 1" to 1/2" ID (inner diameter). I soldered it all up and added connectors to the other tees for a barbed fitting and voila a copper hose in hose heat exchanger.

Heat Exchanger Connection
Originally uploaded by orthotomeo.
The fuel goes straight through the 1/2" Diameter pipe and the coolant goest through the 1" diameter pipe. Thus the fuel gets warmed by the 180+ degree coolant. I then wrapped the unit in pipe insulation.
This sits in under the hood, across the front of the car. It fits quite nicely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home